3.23.2010

Everybody Dies Famous in a Small Town

I've never regretted growing up in a small town. Maybe, it's because I've also lived other places, or maybe it's because my parents always made sure that I knew that life also existed outside of Cabot--they always had me involved in activities outside of Cabot and I had other friends who went to other schools too. But, every time I look back on my high school and junior high days, I have really fond memories and I STILL love coming home to this "small town".

Some of the things I love:
  • I love sitting on my back porch and watching the golfers on the 17th fairway. I also love, that 9/10 we know at least one of the golfers and it never fails that they will walk over to say "hi".
  • I love walking up to the clubhouse to eat fries and "clubhouse" ketchup.
  • I love the fact that I can't go to Walmart without seeing at least 5 people that I know.
  • I still love driving down mainstreet with my windows down, sunroof open, and music blaring.
  • I love going to Sonic, or going to get snowcones with my girlfriends on a random summer night.
  • I love the fact that I can walk to at least 5 friends homes.
  • I love that it's impossible to come into town without everyone knowing.
  • I love that the lady at the tanning salon still remembers my name.
  • I love that I can still talk my way out of any ticket I may get.
  • I love that it's not necessary to get all dressed up to go hang out with my guy friends, but every guy always notices when you do.
  • I love that my guy friends are still like brothers to me.
  • And I love that even though we are all grown now and many of us have families of our own, when we get together, it's like no time has passed at all.
Even though I am very much a city girl, I absolutely adored growing up in a small town :)

No comments:

Post a Comment