3.10.2010

Don't Know Where To Start?

Last summer, I felt pretty far from God. I knew I needed to get my relationship with Him right, but I was just at a loss of where to start. Looking back, there were several different tools that God provided me with, in order to fall in love with Him all over again. I hope these can help other girls too:

1. Music: I love love love music. I have found that there is a direct correlation between the type of music I listen to and how my relationship with God is and where my thoughts are. When I am listening to "Christian" music, I am constantly reminded of God's love and grace and am thinking on a much broader scale than just worldly things. It definitely helps my walk to listen to this type of music in my car, house, anywhere really. Some people I'm loving:
  • Jeremy Camp: This guy has such an incredible testimony and great lyrics to his songs. They are also all pretty upbeat.
  • Francessca Bertelli (sp?): I LOVE her! I feel like some of her songs were written specifically for me! "I'm letting Go" Umm... yes.
  • Mandisa: Heard her in concert for the first time this past weekend and she's incredible! Her music is the type that makes you wanna dance along. Great morning music
  • And as always... Shane and Shane: This music is almost always on when I am having a quiet time or just want a little peace. It's very soothing, and reminds me of being in youth group in high school.
2. Beth Moore Bible Studies/Books: Beth is so knowledgeable and I love the way she teaches. She gives great insight, yet it isn't too over my head. I feel like I learn so much about God and the Bible from all of her Bible studies, and I feel like she truly cares about all of her readers.

3. My group of Bible Study Girls: It's so great meeting up with these girls at least once a week to discuss life. They are always so encouraging, and its uplifting to be around them. It's great knowing that I have a group of prayer warriors who are just a text message away! I've prayed so long for a group of girls who are on the same level as me spiritually, and I'm so glad that I have them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment