Mistakes... Life is made of them. We learn from them. We grow from them. We cry from them. We are constantly reminded of them. But one thing: We don't have to live with them.
I am so thankful that my heavenly Father loves me regardless of how many times I have messed up. I don't seem to learn very easily, and I have to prove things to myself. Also, at times I would say that I can be very self destructing. But the best thing is that God loves me no matter what I do. And one day... my prince will love me just the same.
Posted by Jen at 4:03 PM
10 things you might not know about me...
1. I love candles. Take that, I love expensive candles. They are such an indulgence to me. I always feel a little guilty when I light one, knowing that it's just money burning away. But oh how I love the way they make my house smell!
2. I'm horrible at baking. I can't even get canned cinnamon rolls right, they always burn! It's probably because I don't believe in using timers when cooking. Ask me to cook anything else and I'm your girl, but not a cookie, brownie, or even cupcake. And oh how I love sweets too....
3. I'm naturally a very messy person. I love having a clean home, but it rarely stays that way. I like to think I'm messy because I have so many other wonderful things on my mind.... but really it's probably just because I'm a mess!
4. I love bubble baths. LOVE them! If I could take one every single night I would. Nothing is better!
5. I love to study but I hate taking tests. Enough said.
6. I'm obsessed with my new Bible that has commentary and cross references it in. It's so wonderful, and pretty!
7. One of the top things I want to do in life is meet Karen Kingsbury, my FAVORITE author.
8. I want a goldendoodle really really badly. I always look at pictures of them on the internet. It will be a girl and I will name her Lola.
9. I sleep smack dab in the middle of the bed with at least four pillows surrounding me.
10. I love reading about other people's lives and hearing other people's stories. Everyone has so much to teach!
Posted by Jen at 7:02 PM
I feel so thankful to have the incredible friends that I have. Truly, they are my strength. It's amazing how magnificent God truly is. I hate that He had to bring me to my knees to see that, but I'm so glad He did.
An AMAZING let me tell you, AMAZING woman of God is disciplining me this semester and I am so excited. She has so much knowledge, and has experienced basically the exact same thing I am going through right now. God is so good. I really admire her and look up to her. So we are starting a book called "Crazy Love". Have any of y'all read it?? What did you think? Also, she is teaching me how to study the bible inductively. I am so excited! I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to things like that, but who cares?? God loves me. Ha ha
On another note, I am so excited for this weekend because my parents, my sister, and I are taking a mini vacation. I can't wait! It will be really nice to just get away for a couple of days...
Well that's all I have for now. Off to school I go!
Posted by Jen at 8:45 AM
If anyone knows me, they know that I am a total planner and control freak. I have had my whole life planned from the time I was 5 years old, and anytime those plans change, it really rocks my world.
I am very resistantly learning that God wants me to learn to depend on Him for my future. Wow, such a hard concept for me. Looking back on it, I am realizing that for the past year He has been trying to grab the reins out of my hands. I have held on tightly though! So He allowed my leg to be broken. Did I use that as a learning lesson? Nope. I kept right on my own path after my own plans.
Lately God has brought some incredibly difficult circumstances in my life. Let me tell you, I am STILL trying to control God. I try to put Him in a box and take Him out when I feel like it. This is not want God desires from us.
As of today, I have decided to attempt to put my life completely in my Savior's hands. Don't ask me my future plans because I have no idea what they are. Maybe, I'll go to graduate school. Maybe not. Maybe I'll become a teacher. Maybe not. Maybe I'll go to China. Who's knows! It's so thrilling, yet unbelievably scary at the same time. I can take great comfort in knowing that God really does have my BEST interest at heart.
Posted by Jen at 5:23 PM