3.12.2010

Lessons from My Mom

Isn't it funny how the older you get the more you realize how right your Mom has been all these years? Now, do know that I'm only admitting this because my Mom has no idea what the website for my blog it.

Here are some examples:

When I was younger, I was so upset one weekend because I wasn't invited to a girls birthday party. My mom told me that a year from now, none of this will matter. A year later, I was standing on the football field being announced as a homecoming maid. She was right.

My Mom always said time heals all wounds. She was right, but she also knew the therapy a little shopping could do too.

My Mom always told me that she thought I should go into teaching. I resisted with everything I could. I will start teaching next year.

My Mom told me last year, that this year this time I would be walking and my accident would be a distant memory. Well, it's not exactly a distant memory, but I am walking and enjoying every moment of it!

She always stressed the importance of not tanning in a tanning bed too much. She still looks great at 52 and some of my friends already have wrinkles!

She told me that guys get sick of girls who are easy to have.

She taught me to adore my Grandparents, and I'm so happy that I have such a close relationship with them now.

She told me to not drive too fast, I've gotten 4 speeding tickets.

She told me four years of college isn't that long in the big scheme of things, it has flown by!

Now, I never admit my Mom is right, but secretly I do listen to all of her advice and try to follow it most of the time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment