3.14.2010

Forgive.

I had the privilege of having lunch with one of my best friends from high school yesterday, and lunch turned into four hours spent in the restaurant discussing every single topic of life. One topic that has continually stayed on my mind since then is the subject of forgiveness. We can't even begin to understand the magnitude of God's forgiveness. It's endless. His mercies ARE new every morning. It's such a wonderful thing, yet perhaps the most confusing to me. I think we automatically want those who have hurt us to hurt too, but this isn't the right way of thinking of things. In Psalms it says "I have lived to be old and gray and I have NEVER seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread". Hold your head high girlfriend because the Lord will NOT forsake you. He has not forgotten you! He only wants to best for his daughters and so if it seems like He is taking a while to fulfill the desires of your heart, know He is only seeking the best for you and continue to do good. After all the Lord says, "when you seek me and want me more than anything, I will give you the desires of your heart". You are beautiful and you are loved tremendously by the creator of the universe. God hasn't forgotten about you, and His forgiveness is never-ending. As far as the east is from the west, He banishes your sins.

1 comment: