4.07.2009

Beautiful Voices

American Idol just makes me so happy.  Now this is only the second season of it I have ever watched.  Normally, I'm not much of a t.v watcher...but since I spend the majority of my life on this wonderful sofa I watch a LOT of t.v!  I just love Kris Allen.  Of course, I'm probably partial since he is from Conway and Katy's dad works with my dad.  STILL, he is a great singer!  Now having said that,  tonight wasn't his best night.  Hopefully he will do better next week, but I still voted like a hundred times for him and had my mom do the same!  Danny Gorkey also makes me smile!  Every time I hear him sing I just think of everything he has been through.  Talk about perseverance.  

I went up to JBU with my dad tonight to wait on my mom to get off of work.  My dad normally teaches courses there on Tuesday nights.  He is probably the coolest professor I know and I'm not just saying that because he's my dad.  He got there an hour early and was just sitting around joking with his students and giving them pointers on their presentations they had to do that night.  I wish there were professors like him up at the U of A.  I looked my dad up on ratemyprofessor.com but he wasn't there.  Bummer!

Let me just say that I am THRILLED to not have a class until 9:30 a.m in the fall!   It seems science teachers always want to do their lectures early in the morning and so I have always been up at the crack of dawn for those classes.  Not anymore though, now I will get to sleep in until a wonderful 8 a.m.   Ahhh...I can't wait!

Brad has had a really busy week so far.  I don't like it when he has busy weeks because that means our only communication is through texts and short phone calls.  No fun :(  Hopefully tonight we will get to catch up because I have a lot to tell him!  

Good news is that I will be in Fayetteville for a whole week next week!  SO exciting!  I have my doctor's appointment on Monday April 13th so everyone pray for a good appointment!  We are hoping to be able to see bone growth now that I have my handy dandy bone stimulator.  I really feel like it is growing.  Probably the best advice I have gotten throughout this whole ordeal is that I have to know that God will heal me.  Not just hope.  I KNOW God is healing me!!!  I can't wait to be able to see it on the x-rays!

No comments:

Post a Comment