1.09.2011

Reading List

It's no lie that I love to read.  I'm literally always reading something, and I'm a fast reader so I fly through books.  All of my girlfriends are avid readers as well, and we are always recommending books to each other.  Here's my new reading list:


This is a required reading for one of my M.A.T classes.  It's actually a compilation of lectures about the educational system.  It's pretty good, but I haven't gotten very far yet.


Elizabeth Gilbert has a way of putting into words feelings that I've had yet didn't know how to explain.  It you liked Eat, Pray, Love (The book, not the movie) then you will love this book.  It's the sequel to Eat, Pray, Love and amazingly wonderful.  It's written in a research format, so at first I wasn't quite sure how much I would like it.  Yet once again, her eloquence with words soaks you in, and keeps you there until your page is full of marks and scribbles of things you want to remember.  Also, it made sense out of marriage to me, in a way that nothing else has.  A must read.


I like to read books that my students are reading so I can stay relevant to them.  A lot of them like this series.  It's about fallen angels, and very similar to Twilight.  It's an easy read, and a great story.


This was recommended to me by my friend Christi.  Christi is a true lover of any and every type of book and when she said that she literally could not put this book down, I knew I should probably read it too.  They are also creating a movie on it with Reese Witherspoon and the guy from "The Notebook".  Since I always like to read the book before I see the movie, I need to read this one!  I haven't started it yet, since I'm in the process of studying for several exams, but once I finish those next weekend I will begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment