12.29.2010

I hate to break it to you babe, but I'm not drowning.


Today was supposed to be a productive kind of day, yet it's a perfectly rainy afternoon.  Seeing as how I only have a few of these precious wintery days left before I must return to my classroom full of students, I intended to spend the day working on applications for teaching fellowships, my IRB proposal, and lesson plans.  
Instead, my coffee pot has overflowed endless cups while discovering new artists which I'm sure will be the soundtrack to the next few months of my life.  

And I won't feel guilty for not being productive.  



"All my life, I've tried making everyone happy while I simply hurt inside and wait until it's my turn to decide.  Don't you dare tell me who to be.  Who died and made you king of anything"

Let me hold your crown babe.


No comments:

Post a Comment