6.13.2010

Isn't It Ironic

"It's meeting the man of your dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife..."

No, I didn't meet the man of my dreams... nor was he married. But it is very strange to attend the weddings of friends and not even be dating anyone at the moment. To not be in love. To not know who I will one day marry. I tell you... right now, my future wedding day seems further off than it did when I was a kid. I know that God has a perfect man out there waiting for me, but I am growing so dang tired of waiting. I am being very impatient. The problem is, I know what it feels like to love someone so incredibly deeply that you would give your very last breath for them. I KNOW that kind of love, and to think that there is love like that --but better-- out there for me, is just too much to take in sometimes. I am so dang sick of waiting. And IF in my waiting... I am waiting on God to straighten my man out (whomever he may be) well let me tell you.... I will have a few words with my man when I finally meet him. I don't like to wait!

But in my waiting.... I know that God is changing me into the woman that He wants me to be. He's also teaching me some incredible lessons... allowing me to fall on my face every once in a while, and completely humbling me. He has given me the most incredible support system, and parents who are amazing. He is teaching me some painful lessons, and allowing me to make a few mistakes every now and then. He's showing me how to search for the rainbow admist all the storms. There will never be a more humble, thankful bride on her wedding day. On my special day, I want to stand at the end of that aisle, look at my handsome groom and know that it was all worth it. All the tears, the heartache, the sleepless nights, and stormy days. They were all worth it in order to find him--the man who will love me with everything I have and have yet to give. Who will love all my quirks and insecurities. Who will stand beside me through good and bad and be faithful to the end. Whoever that man is... I love you already.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written! You will be that much more appreciative of your husband once you're finally together, that's a gift in itself.

    ReplyDelete