6.20.2010

Happy Father's Day!

Today I want to wish a Happy Father's Day to the two most important men in my life, My Dad and Grandpa.

My Dad is an incredible man.  I am so blessed to have such a great father and have a very close relationship with him.  One of the main things I remember growing up is that my Dad would always check me out of school at least once a month and we would have father daughter lunches where he would take me anywhere I wanted to eat.  He was at every pageant, piano recital, and game I ever cheered at.  He is a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force and so we moved all over the country growing up but I couldn't be more proud of him.  He is the most humble person you have ever met.  He's a bit of a hot shot up at the base because he once landed a C-130 that had 3 engines blown out by lightening.  This is UNHEARD of, yet he did it.  We never even knew about his notoriety at the base until my sister started working there and was told stories of how great of a pilot my Dad is.  He has always shown me an amazing example of what love is and what I should look for in a potential husband.  He loves my Mom unconditionally and would do anything for her, or me and my sisters.  Overtime I come home, my Dad always washes my car, changes the oil and fills it up with gas.  He always tells me that he loves me and how proud he is of me.  I love you Dad and I'll always be your little girl.


My Grandfather is the other important man in my life.  He is not technically my "biological" Grandfather because my Mom's Dad was killed tragically when she was only 19 years old, but you would never know otherwise.  I'm so very lucky to have Grandparents who are very involved in my life and whom I am extremely close to.  Growing up, Grandpa would always take me and my sisters to lunch and then to Target several times a year and we were allowed to pick out anything we wanted.  He always calls me just to tell me that he loves me and how proud he is of me.  He was at every single pageant, and piano recital.  He is a wonderful man and I am so thankful that he is a part of my life still.  It kills me to think about the day when he will no longer be here, and I cherish every moment I have with him.  I love you Grandpa.

As this day is a happy day for most, it is also a sad day for many who have lost their Dads.  I pray that if you have lost your father, that you will be able to cherish the sweet memories you have of him on this special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment