6.18.2010

Blessed Redeemer

People can be so sweet and I still get asked several times a week how my leg is doing. I never know quite how to answer that question though, so I simply say that it is doing much better and that I have little pain since my most recent surgery. If I could truly tell them, sit them down with a cup of coffee I would tell them this...

Not an hour goes by that I am not reminded of my accident. Whether it is the stiffness I feel in the morning, the dull ache that comes with every storm, or the soreness I feel with each step I am constantly reminded that my body is not the same as it once was. But I will be eternally greatfull for those 5 breaks. Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for each step that I take. When I dread my workouts, all I have to do is remember the times when I so desperately wanted to but couldn't. I am so thankful for life and for my health.

I am closer to my family and am no longer apprehensive to asking for help when I need it. I am thankful for my independence, and for the strength that my mother has shown me. I am so thankful that I was able to return to school and finish my degree, mostly on time.

I will be eternally greatfull that God chose me to have this experience. I have learned that nothing is impossible with God. There were times when I simply needed Him to get me through the next minute and He did. He taught me so much in those months where I was on the couch. I grew up during that time, and I learned what was important in life and what wasn't. God revealed himself to me during that time in a big way.

So yes, my leg constantly hurts. But pain only reminds us where we have came from, and this is one life experience that was more of a blessing than a curse.

Whatever you're going through might seem like the worst possible situation, but know that God has already gone before you. He will never give you more than you can handle, and just when you're on the verge of giving up, the breakthrough is right around the corner.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment