2.03.2011

Praise


My Grandma was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer last fall.  After enduring numerous surgeries and months of chemotherapy, we are so excited and relieved to say that she is cancer free!!!  God is so good!  She had her CT scan yesterday, and today the doctor told us he couldn't find a spot of cancer anywhere on her.  She will still have to do a couple more months of chemo, but we have such a renewed hope right now.  I know that God doesn't always guarantee healing from the pain and suffering that is of the world, so I've been anxious about the end result of this ordeal.  I'm so relieved now knowing that my Grandma is healthy again.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but in January I applied for a Knowles Science Teaching Fellowship.  It is a national fellowship that offers professional development, as well as teaching stipends to it's recipients.  It's a long application process, and I was notified a couple of weeks ago that I'm a semi-finalist!  I had my phone interview yesterday, and now I'm waiting to see if I'm a finalist.  If I am, I will be traveling to Philadelphia, PA to complete the final interview process.  I'm glad that the phone interview is over, and now I know it's all in God's hands!


No comments:

Post a Comment