2.23.2011

Chicken and Rice

My roommate calls me Queen of the Crockpot.

It's true.  I have a love affair with my crockpots.   I have two of them.  The new addition was given to me this Christmas by my sister, also Queen of the Crockpots.  So now I have a big crockpot perfect for large meals, and a small one for when I'm making smaller portions of meals.

Let me share with you one of my favorite recipes.

It's so dang easy you will want to go home and make it tomorrow.  Tomorrow, because, well crockpots do take a long time to cook things.

Go out and get these ingrediants:

Frozen Chicken Breasts (anywhere from 2-4 depending on how many you want to feed, 1 breast per person)
1 can Cream of Mushroom
1 can Cream of Chicken
Mushrooms (real or canned, if you wish)
Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Here's what you do:
Put the frozen chicken in your crockpot.  Turn it on high.  Mix together the cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, onion soup mix, and mushrooms if you wish.  Pour this over the chicken.

Leave it alone.  All day.

When you get home at night from your busy life, cook some brown rice.

Serve over the rice.

Heavenly.

I already have some cooking tonight...  Maybe I'll post a picture later, because, well I don't like cooking things I can't see a picture of beforehand.


No comments:

Post a Comment