5.10.2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day!  Everyone should go give their mom a hug :) My sisters and I cooked my mom lunch today when she got home from church.  It was a nice surprise for her to not have to cook for lunch.  We also made a really good strawberry cake.  For the longest time strawberry cake was the only kind of cake Shannon would ever eat, so we have like a million recipes for strawberry cakes.  Well fast forward many years and now I am dating a man who LOVES strawberry cake.  Have I ever made him one?  No, I always forget he likes them and me I am more of a chocolate girl.  But I promised I would make him one before he leaves for camp.  Lets hope I remember!
Tomorrow is the big day! My four month checkup at my doctor.  I am very excited and somewhat anxious.  I am just so ready to get to start walking again, but at the same time I know that it's gonna take a lot of patience and pain before I will be able to just run around everywhere!  Still, I am hoping my doctor says "no more crutches".  Wouldn't that be amazing?!
Now I am moving on to a topic that has been driving me absolutely crazy.  Jon & Kate Plus 8.  I really hope Jon didn't cheat on Kate, but if he did I think Kate is handling everything with class and I really just wish people would leave her alone.  The blogs that some people write and comment on about Kate are just mean and hurtful.  Personally, I think all of these people are jealous of her.  I hope they can get things straightened up and Jon can grow up and learn to be a man.  He shouldn't put himself in compromising situations in the first place.
I went to my uncle's wedding yesterday and it was gorgeous.  Amy (his wife) looked fabulous!  The reception was at the Peabody, and it was the nicest reception I have been at.  The drinks were strong, and the food delicious :)  Champagne, however, doesn't have so great of a taste after a while of toasting.  hah!  
Well I've got a busy day ahead of me, but I hope you all have a lovely Sunday :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment