5.03.2009

Alcoholic Beverages

Yesterday I went to Fayetteville to have some much needed R & R with Brad.  Ok so I didn't need the R & R, that was more for him, but I definitely needed some time with my man!  I understand the whole "distance makes the heart grow fonder thing", but I also believe that distance makes things in a relationship a tad bit more difficult.  I'm just ready for us to have a couple of "normal" weeks together before he leaves to go to camp.  
I move into my new apartment in less than a month and I am beginning to realize all the things that I need to buy that I haven't gotten yet.  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and low on cash.  Haha.  
Yesterday Brad and I went to On the Border where I ordered my first alcoholic beverage in a restaurant.  Fun!  I ordered a Strawberry Margarita.  At first I didn't like the taste of the tequila in it,  but then after a while I realized I couldn't taste the tequila anymore.  Hmmm... Let's just say I could have definitely gotten drunk if I wasn't eating while I was drinking it.  Brad was laughing at me getting tipsy off of one drink.  
I was thinking about weddings today, seeing how a lot of my friends are engaged or soon to be engaged.  Everyone wants to rush to the altar to get married, and gets caught up in the excitement of planning a wedding but what happens after the wedding??  I mean of course you have a honeymoon, and setting up house, but then you are married.  Forever.  Sometimes I think girls forget this.  I think they get more excited about the fact that someone wants to marry them, than the idea that marriage is a lifelong commitment.  If you truly love each other then you will end up with that person forever anyways right?  So why rush it?  Why not wait until the timing is perfect.  I just don't want to get married at a young age and then look back on my life when I am 40 and realize that there was so much more I should have experienced rather than rushing to say "I do".  Just a thought.  I don't think everyone is wrong who gets married young, I just think some couples should probably wait and see if they are truly meant for each other or just together because it is comfortable.
I am very ready to be able to walk again.  It really bothers me to have to go from being very independent to being dependant on someone to even bring me my lunch.  It really bothers me.  This whole accident has really gotten me thinking about how precious life truly is.  In an instant your life can dramatically change.  You should never take any moment for granted.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment