5.16.2011

I did it!

That's right, I now have a MASTERS DEGREE!!!


This weekend was the final step of a very long, busy, exhausting year, and I'm so happy/thankful/relieved that I made it through! Thinking back to last year this time, I could barely imagine having a Bachelor's Degree, must less a Masters a year later. God has been so good to me though, throughout this entire past year, providing in so many ways and always meeting my needs at just the right moments.


I can't believe how much I've grown and changed through the entire process of the MAT program. A year ago, I knew teaching was the career path for me. Now...it's my passion. I've made some of the most incredible friends, friends whom I know will be with me for life, and have had the amazing opportunity to strengthen my friendship with Ash whose been with me since 1st grade. Girl, can you believe we're D-O-N-E!! How many times did we say "I just can't wait to be finished", well, here it is!


I have a feeling Kaitlin and I will be repeating this same pose with Dr. Wavering when he walks us across the stage to recieve our Ph.D's in the future. After all.... everyone knows I can't stay away from school for too long :)

P.S Please ignore how funny our hoods look around our necks. Not the most stylish things ever, but we were oh so proud to wear them!

To sum everything up. I am so incredibly fortunate to have had the opportunity to become a part of the MAT program. Although there were many moments when I felt overwhelmed, underappreciated, and simply stressed; I couldn't imagine entering teaching field without the preparation I recieved from the program. Everyone from the mentors, to the professors, to my classmates have made a profound impact on my life, for which I will be eternally greatful. I can't wait to be able to give back to a program that gave so much to me!

Now I get to challenge, inspire, and dream with the future of America. I couldn't ask for a better job!



No comments:

Post a Comment