7.07.2010

"Bringing order to chaos...That's your new job description"

It's only my second day, and already I absolutely LOVE grad school!  I mean, seriously.  Now I enjoyed undergrad, don't get me wrong, but I also found a lot of un-necessaries that were always required of us.  I enjoy learning and studying, but I absolutely hate tests.  Guess what?  In graduate school, you don't have tests.  How great is that??  My dad had told me that I would enjoy grad school so much more, and of course I took what he said to heart, but honestly I just thought it would be a continuation of undergrad.  Nope.  It's great.  I would encourage everyone to find a graduate program because I just love it that much!

Of course, it is incredibly time consuming, and I do not have much free time.  But I'm enjoying what I'm doing.  Class is so fun, and I feel like we are learning things that are crucial for our success as teachers.  Today in class my professor, who is one of the program heads, told us just how much he enjoyed having us in class and how glad he was that we made the decision to take a year out of our lives for this program.  He said that he knew we could have all gone straight into teaching, but we choose to do the MAT.  I do not regret that choice.  I am SO GLAD actually that I choose not to apply for that job and continue my education.  I feel like I am going to be so much more prepared entering my first year as a teacher than I would have going into it straight out of college.

One of the greatest things about the program is everything we do, we can use in our classrooms!  Our professors truly are the greatest and they make us master copies of everything they use so we can use it too! How awesome is that?  I am so incredibly thankful that I am in this program, it is such a blessing!

Today we had a "rules" brainstorming session in one of my classes.  Freeman asked us to take out a piece of paper and write down our classroom rules.  It was neat to see how different each teacher's rules were, and I could definitely point out the teachers that the students would not like.  ha.  He also made suggestions for us based on his own teaching experience.  Let me tell you, this guy is great.  I absolutely LOVE his class!  He gives us so much valuable knowledge for how the "real" world of teaching is.  I feel like I will be forever changed as a teacher by having him in class.

So, long story short. I am loving the MAT program.  So much in fact that I am possibly thinking about even getting my doctorate so I can be a professor in the program!  It's still a long ways away... but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment