11.28.2010

Thankful

I'm a little late because I try to stay off the computer when I'm home, but late is better than never!

What I'm thankful for this year:


  • My family.  Over the last year I have come to appreciate my family so much more and in a different way.  My parents are simply amazing.  It literally brings tears to my eyes just to think about how incredible they are and how much they do for me and my sisters.  My parents will jump in the car at the drop of a hat and spend the weekend in Fayetteville with me if I'm having a bad week.  They give me the most amazing advice, and I don't know how I would have gotten through the past year without the wisdom and words of encouragement of my Mom.  My Dad is the most amazing father, husband, grandfather.  I would be so lucky if I marry a man who comes anywhere close to what my Dad is.  He spoils his girls too :)  I blessed to be so close to my Grandparents, and that they are still living.  Their wisdom is unmatched, and I love having grown up with my Grandparents present at every recital, cheerleading event, pageant, graduation and so much more.  My Grandpa will randomly call me and leave me the sweetest voicemails about how proud he is of me.  My Grandma is always there to offer me advice on any of life's hardships.  I love the fact that I'm so close with my sisters and talk to one of them almost everyday.  I love growing up having sisters, its a friendship unlike any other.
  • Heelyn, our miracle baby.   Why she's a miracle will remain private, but I am so thankful for my precious niece.  She's beautiful, and healthy.  She has shown me so much about love and life.  It's been an amazing process watching my Sister become the most amazing Mother to this little girl, I can't wait to watch her grow up and become everything God intends.
  • My degree.  Earning a college degree is always an accomplishment, but I'm so incredibly proud to have earned my degree.  I'm the first child in my family to earn a college degree, and I think it was as much of an accomplishment for my parents as it was for me.  It's also incredibly special to me because of the hurdles and obstacles I had to overcome last year to finish college.  I will always particularly cherish that little piece of paper.
  • I am thankful to have earned my fellowship that allows me to attend Graduate school completely paid for.  Graduate school has already opened so many doors for me and I enjoy it so much.  I'm thankful that at the end of the program, I will not have any student debt and a Master's Degree!
  • I am so thankful for my amazing friends.  Over the last year, they have been there for me in every way possible.  I have cried on all their shoulders, and they have offered me countless encouragement, prayer, and guidance.  I know that having even one great friend is a huge blessed, so I'm incredibly blessed to have the group of girl friends that I do.
  • I'm thankful for my guy friends.  God always has funny ways of reminding me that He loves me and cares about me and it's often through my guy friends.  Their random texts, phone calls, nights out and everything else keep me sane, and always laughing.
  • My relationship with my Savior.  No matter how many times I may screw things up, He is always there, and He has my best intentions at hard.  Also, no matter how hard I might try to do things my own way, He never lets me.  This I am thankful the most for.
  • My students.  They keep me on my toes, inspire me, teach me far more than I ever teach them.  Remind me of the goodness there is in life, as well as remind me to be thankful for life's blessings. They show me life from every perspective, and keep me laughing day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment