6.01.2011

The Reading List

If you've wondered why I've been absent from the blog, it's because I've been engrossed in a new book.  These lazy summer days spent at home just call for sweet tea & back porch reading...

So what have I been reading lately?


My parents gave me this book as a part of my graduation gift.  It's chock full of great advice, especially for my generation who is just now embarking on their careers.  I've underlined so much of this book and plan on doing a post some time about my favorite quotes from the book.  


Ok, is IS summertime which means I have full liberty to indulge in any type of literature, including superficial and completely useless novels.  I used to read all the Sweet Valley High books when I was in middle school, even have the t.v show on dvd (ha).  Sweet Valley Confidential is supposed to be the "Where are they now" book to catch up the series.  Not gonna lie, it's been difficult for me to get in to.  I'll let you know how it ends up.


I had never read any of Elin Hilderbrand's books, but a dear family friend loves them and so I picked one up the other day when I was in target.  Now I know why every one loves them so much, they're the perfect summer read!  I finished this book in a couple days, and it's the type of book that you don't want to put down.  Love those kind.  Can't wait to pick up another...umm probably tomorrow :)

What are you reading this summer?




No comments:

Post a Comment