5.12.2010

The end is only the beginning...

Last Saturday I "walked" to recieve my degree. I won't officially receive it until August, but it was still an exciting day. I didn't realize how many different emotions I would feel on that day: pride, happiness, sadness, joy, thankfullness. The list goes on. My degree belongs just as much to my parents as it does to me. They sacrificially financed my education, supported me through many career changes, and coached me through my last incredibly stressfull semester of my college experience. I owe them so much and I truly have the greatest parents.
The past week has been spent shadowing various science teachers at Fayetteville High School. I never realized how sheltered my experience was at CHS until I walked the halls of FHS. Even though I graduated with a large number of students (543), I still knew every single one of them and grew up with them. CHS was a large school in a small town. I am so grateful for my experiences there and the teachers who helped me become the person I am today. I have enjoyed my time at FHS, but it's somewhat of a culture shock. Haha. Oh and yes... They all think I'm a student there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment